Monday 6 April 2009

Bad boy bad boys whatcha gonna do?

After the late night cruising the strip with Matt, I was hoping for a lie in today, but unfortunately that didn't happen when I was woken up by Marcus and his daily morning dose of violent movies and cartoons (cow and chicken I believe).
Today we decided would be a good day to go test out our temporary 2nd amendment right, so after some discussion we decided to drive to "the gun store", and I'm glad we did since it was miles away! - We entered in to the store rather gingerly, all of us too nervous to actually go talk to any of the clerks, I eventually plucked up the courage and we were pointed in the direction of the gun range. Where we were greeted greeted by a massive guy kitted out in body armour who proceeded to talk us through the vast collection of guns we could fire (obviously being from the UK our experience with guns is limited). We agreed that it would be best to 'start' with a pistol, with me and Matt choosing a Beretta 9mm, Marcus a revolver and Rob of course choosing to ignore this and start of with a Tompson sub machine gun. After the first round in the gun range Matt decided he'd had his fill of guns, so myself Marcus and Rob stepped up to the plate again, with us all deciding to try the pistols, oh and Rob being Rob deciding to shoot an M249 (SAW). - Oh and we were also given rather snazzy targets to shoot at, ranging from stereotypical terrorist, through to gang members and zombies. Apparently the gun range guy was impressed with my ability to kill the terrorist hijacker with a head shot and spare his helpless victim (whom I eventually shot in the head anyway).

After this three of us hit the strip for reasons I can't talk about. I was then ditched (possibly accidentally) by the guys near Krispy Kremes so I went for a little wander (and gamble) and ended up talking to some Vegas locals and I found out where famous welcome to Las Vegas sign is located, I then wandered back to the hotel to find the guys were waiting for me to go get some food, but I'd arrived with takeaway from Panda Express (as I'm so sick of burgers).

Our final night in Vegas was definitely quieter than the previous one, but still a good day - Marcus was also particularly excited when the lady on the Popeyes chicken commercial used the word 'fanny' - which is currently his favourite Americanism. (oh and were still playing the Marcus wake up game, though he may be getting more annoyed with it :-D )


Overall we all enjoyed the different aspects of Vegas, but it was a lot to take in in such a short space of time and agreed it would be good to go back on a more extended visit. - wish I had picture of my chip stack in from the first night, good times.

1 comment: