Saturday 11 April 2009

Nerdvana

All of us woke up pretty late in Austin after having such a long day previously. We grabbed some brunch at Jack in the Box and headed off to meet some warhammer internet friends of Rob, Marcus and James.

I will make this short as it was all really nerdy, but we hung out with warhammer geeks.
After a few hours of this they took us out for dinner. We went to Trudy's which was Mexican food and pretty good really. Had some good normal conversation after a while and a few drinks. Well I didn't as I was driving but Rob and Marcus got drunk which was really funny when we were trying to find a motel and Marcus would keep on shouting out "More Beers!".

Myself and James had a wonder in to Austin downtown to check out 6th street which was packed with live bands. It was a shame we couldn't go in and see them all as they sounded rocking from the street. We walked up back to the motel via Capitol building and through a park with nothing interesting and so ended the day of nerds in Austin (except I'm still traveling with three of them!).

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a super fun day for you Matt =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone can see my pain. No it really wasn't that bad they were cool guys I just don't understand what they all talk about some of the times!

    At least here in the UK I can rip it out of them when they go in to that mode.

    ReplyDelete